Too Bougie

Welcome to my 'House of Bouge'
"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art"
- Oscar Wilde

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Black Beauties For Black History Month

This couldn't have put a bigger smile on my face! 
Vogue Italia's recently released spread. 







(My personal fave)








 Hope you all enjoy this as much I did. If so then also check this link out. 
http://www.bvonstyle.com/2009/10/12/blackface-2009-lara-stone-in-french-vogue/
Its fairly old but incredibly controversial. Let me know what you guys think, I want to hear opinions. 


Happy Black History Month :P 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Samiya!

    I really really enjoy these photographs especially the black and white ones. My favourite is the one of the model smoking and her neck looks fantastic. So alien like.

    As for the Lara Stone editorial, that's really offensive. I can't see why they need a white model to do that editorial. I just don't see why they needed a white model to be painted brown/black. I hope they knew of the historical background to Africans but it seems like they were disregarding it with that photo shoot.

    Also, we all know the fashion industry isn't well diverse with ethnic models. That photo shoot just shows how ignorant French Vogue is.

    ReplyDelete